a step into the dark, music and life

Thoughts on random things, including music, life, etc...

11 February 2007

Oh Crap! It's the Grammies!

I was excited all week about seeing the Grammy Awards tonight. I know last year, I was avoiding them. Stupid thing to do since I missed U2 kicking butt all over the stage and also getting awards. Tonight, I was working on a paper for a class and sat talking to my wife while she watched "Grease" on NBC. Blah Blah, grrrr...I hate it. Out of nowhere it struck me, "Oh crap, the Grammy Awards are on CBS and The Police are opening things!" I ran to the tv, changed the channel, discovered we don't actually pick up a CBS station clearly, and then ran into the other bedroom. (We don't have cable tv. This freaks out a lot of people. They ask what my wife and I do all the time and they are actually curious because they figure we would have about a dozen children by now because we don't have cable. We tell them, "We read a lot, talk - mainly me- and watch movies that come in the mail". They just don't understand how we can survive. My parents even have cable, although they still don't know what stations go with which numbers and only watch maybe two to three hours of tv a day. Go figure.) I finally get it to show up more clearly on the tv in the bedroom and my wife comes in with the vacuum cleaner asking me which tv I want to watch the show on as she moves the plug even closer to the wall. I explain about reception and she leaves. It was 7:3o and yes you guessed it, The Police were done at 7:05. Argh!! I watched the rest of the show and they never peeped out from anywhere. I can't put my disappointment into words. The Grammies hath avenged me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home