a step into the dark, music and life

Thoughts on random things, including music, life, etc...

23 July 2007

The Return...

I am finally back from the edge of the world. It was actually a five week road-trip across the country. We didn't get to check out any music. The closest we got was when we arrived in Buffalo next door to where Old Crow Medicine Show was playing. Unfortunately the concert was halfway over and we felt nearly dead after hours of driving. The trip was great, but very tiring mentally and physically, which are actually the same thing when you break it down to basics (glaring at Descartes in a mental image). We have been busy doing things around the house because of the time we spent watching HGTV while trapped in California when our fuel pump was being repaired. Getting back to work might actually give me a break, since I have the whole summer off and have no excuses to prevent me from working.

I actually bought a cd out of a store, something I haven't done in a year or two. I usually buy used cds or download them because I refuse to pay more than $13 for a cd since they hardly cost a thing to manufacture and produce. Chris Cornell's latest album magically appeared in the dreaded Walmart we were shopping in while in Wyoming. I was excited to hear that Audioslave broke up because Euphoria Morning was one of my favorite albums ever. This new disc didn't come close to matching up to his first one. The cover of Billie Jean just killed me. Why? Why? Some of the other tracks were worthy of a listen more than once including the latest James Bond movie theme, but it was a generic album that lived up to its Rolling Stone review.

I am currently watching the CMA music festival. Taylor Swift's debut cd was actually a good release. "Tim McGraw" isn't annoying and the rest of the album is worthy of a listen when I'm washing dishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home