a step into the dark, music and life

Thoughts on random things, including music, life, etc...

28 March 2007

stressed

It's been a while since the last post. The university, my school, and everything else have kept me supremely busy. I have been feeling lots of stress lately and haven't been coping with it very well. I pick up the guitar when I feel like it and put it back down within a few minutes, unable to believe anything I play on it is worth anything. I last played the bass during the Crabb gig and just picked it up for a singing Saturday night at a church. We were the only group on the sign, but we had to wait behind a group and then a soloist before getting on the platform. The crowd looked dead and only responded to one song without prompts. The other song they responded to was an acapella number and I was the one prompting. It was quite disappointing and I didn't get home until really late. I have been somewhat sick and just tired. I get home and just plant down on the couch, doing nothing but watching tv and listening to music. I can't even remember what all I have been listening to lately. Counseling, school, and taking a couple of college classes is not a great combo to take on, but it's possible. Things will be winding down after we get back from the trip, but then I will be worrying about where I will be working next year. The job I have will be refilled like a prescription next year, so I pray a counseling job at a decent school will be mine.

We leave for London a week from tomorrow and I am really excited about it. It's definitely going to be a different experience for us and a real break from home and the U.S. Planning is still going on for the road trip, but it's looking like it will be lots of fun. For some reason I have thought about checking into the possibility of getting endorsements from companies, but I will probably be too lazy to actually fool with it. It's a cool idea though, imagine getting paid to display a logo while doing what we want to do anyway and not having to pay for portions of it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home