a step into the dark, music and life

Thoughts on random things, including music, life, etc...

10 January 2007

Now Introducing...Steve Perry

It's interesting that when the church board introduced our candidate for pastor before he spoke on Sunday morning, I discovered that his name is Steve Perry; yes, the same. "Lights" automatically popped into my head and didn't leave for most of the service (great song that it is, it was the wrong venue for the song). Of course he wasn't from Journey, since he doesn't have the pubescent voice or long hair. The message he delivered was pretty straightforward, just what the majority of the congregation wanted to hear. This of course guaranteed that he will be voted into the position. It's strange to me that he has been the only person to actually be voted on by the congregation.

As I type, President Bush, or Bushee as I like to call him, is trying to get 20,000 more troops to put their lives on the line for the "freedom" of Iraq. Interesting to hear him come up with a new strategy after 3000 troops have already died. It seems like nothing we tried will work since it should have happened in the first place and it will be interesting to see if he will pull forces out in November as he claimed he would. I am interested in whether he actually has the power to order troops in without approval from Congress. The president should have waited for the U. N. to act with the U. S. rather than jump in without a parachute.

Eat Sleep Repeat from Copeland is an eclectic mix of sounds and instruments. I put it in today to help improve my mind. Starflyer 59's Talking Voice vs. Singing Voice has been in my cd player for the last week and a half and it has been quite the mellow album, but worth a week and a half of listening. The Appleseed Cast's Peregrine has been interesting with its soaring instrumental tracks. Earthsuit has been a stretch for me, since I was hoping it would be more like Mutemath. Jeremy Enigk's World Waits is up next for a listen when I get a chance.

Why are so many crappy shows on tv struggling to make it? I watched two episodes of Law and Order last night, but neither was the original, which I still think is the best. It got shifted to Fridays, the worst night to be on for me, since I am hardly ever home to see it. I just don't connect the same way with any of the CSIs currently on CBS. I have just about given up on any of the new shows except for Heroes. I think I will just put Talladega Nights on instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home