a step into the dark, music and life

Thoughts on random things, including music, life, etc...

28 January 2006

Never again; I wish...

Nickelback: aka a mediocre rock band with average songs, except for a couple of hooky songs.
While listening to the local 'supposed' all rock station (Pearl Jam was followed by an old Rod Stewart Song) while i was in the shower, I heard "Never Again", one of the worst songs I have ever heard played on the radio as a single. How many more cheesy 'don't abuse women' songs can be written? Please take it up a notch with something people can sink their teeth into. Nickelback's song is so predictable in the songwriting element and in the musical aspect (another turn up the distorted powerchords and play on the beats song) that after the first ten seconds you should be done with it. I wanted to jump out of the shower and cut off the song about as much as I have done when "Lady Lumps" kicks on. It's hard to believe that "Never Again" was actually a single, but I guess since just about all of the songs sound the same, the choices were very slim for a good single from the start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home