a step into the dark, music and life

Thoughts on random things, including music, life, etc...

18 January 2006

a first step into the dark

Welcome to my world of chaos, okay not that chaotic. I am a counselor/therapist with professional licenses, that's the day job. Psychology is great, even better since Tom Cruise isn't on board with the whole thing; but music is my first love and my passion in life. I am a perfectionist trying to learn to not be so obsessive about everything. I do review cds through a website in the UK and have been doing that for the past 6 months, all indie releases, some of them on indie labels, some of them right out of peoples' shoeboxes, yes with the foot odor. I really want to write full time, but am not in the place to do that at the moment since I live in southwest Louisiana (yes, Rita trashed my roof and yard) and nothing happens here musically, unless you count Wayne Toups.

I am currently watching American Idol, laughing my butt off. I really don't like the show, so I am already sounding like a hypocritical freak right out of the cannon. But, I love watching how horrible the people are which come in before the actual voting starts. I don't know how most of those people can not have a clue as to how horrible they actually are when performing. I guess everyone thinks they are great at something, I mean, I think I am great at tearing apart any music at any time, just totally trashing it, and I love it! These people must think the singing is their bag and wear it proudly over the shoulder and their family and friends love them too much to take the bag from them, put it under a car, and run over it fifteen times.

I hope to keep my posts about music I am listening to, possible things I am reading, and things that creep in from life. My attention span can be short and it is right now.

Rye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home